So, these are tiny, hence calling them treats/fairy cakes. I’ll go with Slimming World’s new policy and I’ll leave working out the syns value to anyone making this recipe. I generally have a ‘throw it all together’ policy on cooking, so the amounts can probably be played around with as you wish.
3 eggs, separated
3tbsp SR flour
1tbsp caster sugar
3 tbsp sweetener
orange essence (to taste)
zest of 1 orange
chocshot (to taste)
1) Whisk up the egg whites until they are white & fluffy.
2) In a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients together. I added a bit of water to make the batter runnier, after mixing the flour in.
3) Carefully fold the egg whites into the batter, to keep as much air as possible in the mixture.
4) Pour/spoon into a 12-hole muffin/cupcake/bun tin.
5) Bake at 190 for around 20 minutes.
Once they’ve cooled, feel free to top with anything you like – nutella, sweetened quark, choc philly…